Saturday, November 14, 2009

AgentBristow?

Thank you Agent Bristow! I have a few questions. :)





So for the Burton Sapphires, I normally wear a size 8 in shoes and my last snowboarding boots were Morrow size 9 boots. What size sapphires would fit me? My foot is about 10.5 inches long from heel to biggest toe. And for that size, would I need size M or L Burton Stilettos? Thanks so much!

AgentBristow?
I wear a size 8 sneaker, and i just measured my feet and they are 24.8cm.


In a shoe store,, my foot measures a 7.5, but the 7.5 sapphires were too big in the foot area. I got them in a 7, but they haven't quite packed out enough yet and they are still a little short in the toe. I have a very narrow foot. if i had a average width to wide foot, the 7.5 would have been good for me, and probably would have fit better, but because of my narrow feet, my feet would have been moving around inside. Go to a shoe store and measure your foot. Get that size. From what i have tried on, Burtons seem to run true to size and average width.


I assume that you don't have a ski shop near you that sells this boot and you are buying online.





If you get a size 8 or larger, go with the large bindings.


The 8 will fit into a medium or large binding, and might fit the medium better, but if you plan on growing, or it might be a little small, it might be too small for the next boot.





Dogfunk.com has an unlimited return policy and if you dont like what you get, you can return it. whenever, but you have to pay the return shipping.


If it doesnt fit, for an exchange, you would have to pay the return shipping, but not the shipping for them to send it back to you.


http://www.dogfunk.com/dogfunk/BUR1761/B...





The 2008 model is better than the 2007. It has an upgraded liner. They had the 2007 model in the store where i tried it on, and i saw the difference.





Edit: saw additional info after post and remeasured foot and changed to cm.





The Casa might be similar, but it might be different. The Casa is an entry level boot that retails for half the price of the Sapphire. It will be good to get an idea of the size of Burton boots, but the sapphires are an intermediate boot, and the Casa is a entry level boot. The padding and fit will be different, but size should be similar. The Casa looks closer to the sapphire than the mint, and the Mint runs a little narrower than the sapphire, so it will probably be a good idea to try it on.


Buy the boot somewhere where they allow exchanges. If you get it at dogfunk, and it goes onsale, they will adjust the price if it is within 30 days.





When you are in the store, put the boots into any Burton womens binding (ones with a capstrap would be more accurate. They should all be similar fitting. I was told my a friend that the size 8 would fit in the large, but the mediums would be a better fit. If it fits a medium, get the medium. Burton has the


"TrueFit" system so all boots should be the same on the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment