Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is a Human Resource Degree benefical than a Procurement Degree?

I am have a difficult time trying to obtain a degree in HR or Procurement. I already have 4 degree, in which, 2 of them are in Communications.





I am currently working as a contract Procurement Coordinator in the aerospace business. My mother was telling me that it would be very hard trying to find a job in HR due to outsourcing of American jobs. She told me that maybe I should consider a 2 Master's degree in Procurement. But , I like the idea that I can help someone get a career. I know that it is more to it than just helping people; they are laws to follow. I am not sure. I am looking at the long-time career opportunties and the pay as well. I see that HR Managers make a little more than Procurement Agents. What would you do if were in my shoes.

Is a Human Resource Degree benefical than a Procurement Degree?
Your experience in procurement is going to be much more valuable than going back to school. HR is a very good field, and a Masters would be helpful in the field, but experience is much more helpful. Since you're in procurement (buying), stick with it, build a good many years of experience, great references, and look for jobs with growing companies who are doing international business. Once you have 5+ years in procurement, you will be a good candidate for jobs with companies like Boeing, Lockheed, Caterpillar, Exxon, GE, etc.

lilac

No comments:

Post a Comment